Are you tired of logging in to Sage after already logging in to Windows? Here are the steps to set up Windows Authentication. Once set up, the program will open without displaying the login prompt.
- Using SQL Server Management studio, expand Security, then Logins.
- Set up users using the Domain\NTUserName (bkd\jdoe).
- Open Sage ERP 500.
- Under System Manager | Maintenance | Maintain Users, choose the login you created in SQL. Select a security group for “User” and “Task Menu.” Save and close.
- Windows Authentication must be enabled on the desktop for each user. To do this, open Client Configuration Utility.
- Make sure “Use Windows Authentication” is selected.
- Click “OK.”
- Start Sage 500 ERP Desktop.
- Click “Use Windows Authentication.”
The next time you open Sage 500 ERP, it will not prompt you for a login.
Latest posts by Debra Nugent (see all)
- What’s New in Sage 100 2016 - January 6, 2016
- Splitting Batches in Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable in Sage 500 - May 11, 2015
- Setting Up Windows Authentication for Sage 500 ERP - March 3, 2015