It’s not unusual for BKD Technologies professionals to receive calls from business owners frustrated with the amount of manual effort in their daily workflow who are contemplating a new business system.
Upgrades & Updates
Our advice is to thoroughly assess your business system environment before launching a resource-intensive system implementation. The best first steps include workflow analysis and system utilization assessment.
The output of the analysis and assessment include:
- List of issues & problems (where you are)
- List of requirements & needs (where you want to be)
- Gaps in the current system
- Risks & costs of doing nothing
- Solutions to the issues above
Once you have this information, you’re in a position to develop a prioritized action plan. This plan may include:
- Modifying & enhancing inefficient workflow
- Upgrading your application
- Purchasing a few add-on modules
- Enhancing & upgrading underlying infrastructure
- Enterprisewide training
- Reconfiguration & reimplementation of the existing system
For more information, or to learn more about the many services BKD Technologies provides, please contact us.
Latest posts by Timothy Beranek (see all)
- System Gap & Utilization Assessment - February 18, 2015
- Planning Your IT Investment - December 10, 2014
- 10 Signs You Need an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Solution - March 7, 2014