When printing checks from Accounts Payable or Payroll, you may encounter the following error: “Crystal Error: Failed to load Crystal Print Engine CRPE32.dll. Err/Ret: 2/1 occurred on Line 140 in program SWCOCX.”
Typically, this happens when you have a new computer or your computer crashed and you had it rebuilt. It means the CRPE32.dll file is missing from your Windows system.
Here are the steps to add the .dll:
- Click the Windows Start button and select Control Panel | System and Security | System | Advanced System Settings.
- Click Environment Variables.
- Under System Variables, select Path Variable and click Edit.
- In the Variable value field, append the following text to the current value and click OK.
C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\3.5\Bin (32-bit Operating System)
Note: Do not overwrite the existing path in the “Variable Value” field. If the path is accidentally deleted, press CTRL-Z to undo the deletion.
- At Environment Variables, click OK.
- At System Properties, click OK.
- Try printing the check form. If the error still occurs, reboot the workstation and try to print the report again.
- If it still doesn’t print, verify that the changes were saved.
If you have other questions or would like more information, feel free to contact us.