Have you ever had multiple vouchers or invoices in a batch but been unable to post due to errors or because certain entries need more information? You may end up deleting these entries to allow posting and then entering again.
There’s a way to prevent this: split batches. The split batch option exists in the “Accounts Payable, Process Vouchers” and “Accounts Receivable, Process Invoices” tasks. The availability of this feature is determined by security role in System Manager.
Here are the steps to follow using Accounts Payable, Process Vouchers:
- Open Process Vouchers.
- Select the batch you want to split.
- Right-click on the batch number and select “Split Batch.” The “Move Transactions from Batch” window opens.
- Select “Create New Batch” or an already created batch.
- Select the item entries from the batch you want to move.
- Select “Proceed.” A new batch record will be created with the items you selected.
For more information or questions regarding Sage 500, please contact us.