When a job is complete in the Job Cost module, it still has the potential to have costs posted to it. The job can continue to accumulate costs until it is marked closed and purged to history.
To prevent additional costs accumulating on a job, you can change the job status to only allow posting to status types Bid, Open, Late or Hold—turn off “Complete” and “Closed.”
Here are the steps:
First, make sure the ability to define job status in entry is checked
- Open Job Cost | Setup | Job Cost Options
- Select the Additional tab. Be sure “Define Job Statuses Allowed in Entry” is checked.
- Close the Job Cost Options window
Next, change Job Status Maintenance
Select the modules where you want to prevent posting. Selecting “<all>” includes Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Inventory Management, Job Cost, Purchase Order and Payroll. If you want to prevent posting from a specific module, select that module.
Select “Data Entry. Choose “All Data Entries” or a specific entry field. Choices are:
- A/P Invoice Data Entry
- A/P Manual Check and Payment Entry
- A/R Invoice Data Entry
- A/R Repetitive Invoice Entry
- I/M Transaction Entry
- J/C Job Field Report Entry
- J/C Job Posting Entry
- J/C Billing Data Entry
- P/O Purchase Order Entry
- P/O Receipts of Goods Entry
- P/O Receipt of Invoice Entry
- P/O Return of Goods Entry
- P/O Material Requisition Issue Entry
- P/R Payroll Data Entry
Uncheck “Complete” and “Closed.”
The result is that postings from the selected modules will not be allowed for a job in “Complete” or “Closed” status.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact us.